What does the Budget mean for older people?
The Chancellor George Osborne delivered the Budget to Parliament on 16 March 2016. Look at the changes that are most likely to affect you, and also other changes previously announced.
- New State Pension is introduced
- Pension Credit is changing
- Disability benefit rates are unchanged
- Changes to Personal Independence Payment
- Going abroad for more than a month could affect your benefits
- Your savings and taxes
- Tax-free earnings if you make a small amount of money online
- Information about your pension
- The ‘sugar tax’ is being introduced
- Good news for drivers
- Alcohol duty
For further information Independent Age