Simple steps to prevent burglary
1. Keep windows and doors shut, locked and in good condition
2. Property mark your valuables with a UV pen or forensic property marking kit, then register on www.immobilise.com. Make a note of all model numbers and serial numbers of all electrical items.
3. Use timer switches to make your home look occupied in the evenings.
4. Perhaps purchase a fake/simulated TV device which lights up a room like a real TV.
5. Ensure car keys are safely stored away from the front door.
6. Keep tools and ladders locked away out of sight.
For more Crime Reduction tips and information please visit our website Thames Valley Police and click on the ‘crime prevention’ tab.
Alternatively contact Thames Valley Police on: 101