Getting care services at home

by | Jan 24, 2017 | News, Social Care

Do you need some extra support at home to allow you to continue to live independently? Many people do not need to live full time in a care home, but just need professional care services at home.

Care services can include someone coming to your home to help you with meals, helping you to get in and out of bed, or doing your weekly shop for you. A care service can provide a wide variety of support to help you continue to stay in your own home and live independently.

You can arrange care services yourself, or you may be able to arrange care through your council, if you qualify. Some home care agencies are also registered to provide nursing care for people in their own homes, delivered by registered nurses.

If you think you need care services at home or might qualify for council-funded care, read our factsheet ‘Getting care services at home’ which explains your options, what you need to do and factors you need to consider. Independent Age