Benefits in hospital and care homes

by | Jun 7, 2017 | Finance, News

We’ve created a new advice page on our website with useful information about what you will need to do and who to contact if you’re going into hospital or a care home.

If you’re going into hospital or a care home, your benefits may be affected. You must tell the appropriate benefit office about any changes in your circumstances. If you don’t report changes and receive benefits you are not entitled to, you may have to pay back the overpayment.

The page covers benefits such as:

  • Disability benefits
  • Council Tax Support
  • Housing Benefit
  • Pension Credit
  • Carer’s Allowance

Visit our website to learn more: Independent Age